My Curriculum Vitae
1. Name Eko Sasmito Hadi
2. Faculty Engineering
3. Department Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
4. Date of Appointment 12 November 2009
5. Current Post Lecturer
6. Date of Birth 17 October 1973
7. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
8. University Education and Degrees Awarded
1991 – 1998 Department of Naval Architecture, Faculty of Engineering, University of Pattimura, Ambon – Indonesia
ST Awarded in 1998: Utilizing Renewable Energy (Photovoltaic System) for Alternatively Resource Energy Marine Propulsion System.
Grade Point Average (GPA): 3.13 (Scale 4)
1999 – 2002 Department of Marine System Engineering, Faculty of Marine Engineering, Sepuluh Nopember Institute of Technology, Surabaya – Indonesia
MT Awarded in 2002: Utilizing Unit Commitment as Configuration Generator Capacity Choice For Passenger Vessel PAX – 500.
Grade Point Average (GPA): 3.58 (Scale 4)
9. Career: Appointments Held
2002 – Now Department of Naval Architecture, Faculty of Engineering, University of Diponegoro, Semarang – Indonesia
Lecturer in: – Shipboard Electrical System
– Marine Control Engineering
– Ship Equipment
– Information Technology and Programming
2006 – Now Department of Naval Architecture, Faculty of Engineering, University of Diponegoro, Semarang – Indonesia
Head of Marine Electrical System Laboratory
10. Teaching Experience
Personal Statement on Teaching
– Stimulate interest and disseminated advances in marine renewable energy and marine electrical engineering.
– Exploring teaching method, which enhanced the learning environment for the student.
– Give to student the confidence to apply the fundamental principles of marine electrical engineering to real life marine engineering
Curriculum and Syllabus Development
Much of curriculum and syllabus development on the Shipboard Electrical System course is part of my duties as course organizer. In addition the course was extended to include issues electrical power management into reduces fuel consumption for prime mover generator. The aim of the course was not just to provide the fundamentals of shipboard electrical system, but also provide up to date statistical data on the world marine engineering. Hence the course was update annually to reflect these changes.
I have written and developed my own lecture courses rather than use previous course note. The content in each course is presented with a logical manner and examples or cases studies are used where possible to illustrate the principle teach. I use examples from my own research to illustrate the use fundamental principles in lectures courses. Laboratory scripts have also been modified to encourage the student’s answer and ask more questions, rather than follow a recipe.
11. Membership of Societies
– Member of Indonesian Renewable Energy Society (IRES).
– Member of Komite Nasional Indonesia – World Energy Council (KNI – WEC).
12. Major Research Interest
– Low speed Generator Design for Wave and Marine Current Energy Converter
My main area of interest is in design and development of electrical generator for marine renewable energy applications. In particular I have focused on low speed linear and rotating machines for direct drive wave and tidal energy converters.
As well as electrical design I am also very interested in mechanical and structural design of low speed high torque electrical machines. The integration of the electrical and mechanical aspect into generator design is an important issue to ensure the correct choice of machines topology for the optimum design.
– Mechanical Integration of Linear Machines into Ocean Wave Energy Converter
The linear machines in wave energy converter require more research into mechanical integration pf three machines into actual wave device. I am exploring project to develop hybrid magnetic and hydrostatic bearing for linear machines.
– Electrical Propulsion with Research Plan Description
Evaluated Electrical Propulsion with Hybrid Method’s Possibilities Application and Investigate the Optimizing the Hybrid Method according To Ship Behavior
General Description of Research
Utilizing energy from fuel fossil or conventional energy resources is increasing global warming effect, to reduce this effect we can used renewable energy resources or combining between fuel fossil and renewable energy. That needed a way of for the combine of use or both types of this resource energy in marine engineering especially to electrical propulsion.
The one way of combine fossil fuel and renewable energy are into hybrid method. In the hybrid method, we can combine electrical hybrid, mechanical hybrid or common hybrid. But this hybrid method use is very depending on type, function of ship and operational scenario from the ship especially at configuration to be used. For this research are type, function and scenario of ship operational beforehand to establishing first
For this research has an objective to evaluated electrical propulsion in the ship with hybrid method’s possibilities application and to investigate the optimizing the hybrid method according to ship behavior.
The Research Aims
· To develop more configuration of the possible electrical, mechanical or combination hybrid system according the ship behavior.
· Modeling and simulation the entire hybrid system component and configuration.
· Compare the possible model hybrid configuration with the existing model.
· The optimizing the hybrid method according to ship behavior.
The Study of Methods
· I will collect the ship characteristics data from the existing model.
· I will collect the hybrid data model and component from various sources.
· To create the modeling and simulation all the possible hybrid system configuration.
Methods of Analysis
· Hull Ship modeling: Establish the hull form characteristic from the ship model and ship existing.
· Propulsion Load Modeling: Establish the propulsion load characteristic from ship model and ship existing according to ship behavior.
· Modeling each hybrid method component: Establish the all component hybrid method will be used into programming computer language.
· Develop conceptual hybrid model: Establish the possible conceptual hybrid method from the ship behavior.
· String up formation of method hybrid: compiling all hybrid component become various conducive network configuration hybrid and adapted for the ship behavior
Relevant Research or Work Experience
· Utilizing Unit Commitment as Configuration Generator Capacity Choice For Passenger Vessel PAX – 500.
· Utilizing Renewable Energy (Photovoltaic System) for Alternatively Resource Energy Marine Propulsion System.
· Study of propeller engine matching for traditional fishing vessel at District Batang Central Java Province.
· Study of utilizing electrical propulsion with photovoltaic system resources at catamaran small ship (currently).
· Predicting propulsion performance at the electrical hybrid model for small fishing vessel (currently).
· The stability and general arrangement evaluation of electrical hybrid model for small fishing vessel (currently).
The significance and any possible of my application proposed research benefit for my country Indonesia.
· To short term can assist the government to lessening fuel use.
· In the long term, assisting government program in order to lessening global warming effect.
I certify that the information given in these Curriculum vitae is correct and complete